Thursday, June 26, 2003

Off to the Yasgur farm...
in a few hours I’ll be taking off to this years Roskilde-Festival.

Hmmmm... I went there Monday to put up my newly acquired tent, which was the archetypical Roskilde experience: a looooooong journey to a remote part of the camping grounds where I finally managed to find a vacant spot for my tent. All of this under heavy rain clouds and irritating strong winds - of course! Believe it or not, but ten minutes after the tent was up and I was busy pumping up my inflatable - mattress...It started to rain with an almost explosive vigour. I waited for about an hour and a half in the secure comfort of my genuinely waterproof tent, realising that it is exactly twenty years ago (1983) that I went to my first Roskilde-Festival...
This year I go mainly to hear American techno grandfathers Suicide, and I have very little knowledge of many of the other bands, and back then I went to hear Siouxie and The Banshees (and had very little knowledge of many of the other bands)
well... I can feel a slight fever and sore throat building up too...
Roskilde - here I come!

No comments: