Saturday, September 18, 2004

-----
Panzer- A Sturmgeschütz III in the summer of 1944. The Stugs were originally placed in independent brigades designed to deliver armoured support to infantry units, which by nature didn't have access to panzers. In the last years of the war Stugs began replacing panzers in many units because they had the same firepower but being turretless they were quicker and cheaper to produce. This Stug has the late "pigs head" mantlet around the base of the gun which was made to better deflects shots from enemy weapons.

Babe - Nice chair...
-----

No comments: