Friday, March 02, 2007

-----


Goodbye "Ungeren", the house on Jagtvej 69 which has been a gathering point for punks and left wing radicals for twenty five years was cleared yesterday by the Police.

It's sad to see the place go since I have some fond memories of concerts I saw there in the mid eighties, but I was never a big fan of the rather secteric version of left wing activism dominating the place.
Back in 1984 I was a punk, but I lived in my parents place out in the country.
I was the only punk in town.
Naturally I travelled all the way to the center of punk world™
Ungdomshuset in Copenhagen to meet "my people" - the other punks!
Unfortunately I realised that my self styled approach to looking punk was deemed unsatisfactory by the local hardcore crowd, and I was issued one of the most disgracing labellings available at the time :

"fashion punk"

Sorry, guys and girls (some of them were girls, I think) if I didn't fit the mold and I hope you'll find a new place to promenade the dreadlocks and studded belts and get bands to play for free in support of the revolution (or your overdue electricity bill...)

-----
What's up at YouTube
~~~~~
Retro babe
Panzer Sturmmörser Sturmtiger
A group of GI's examining a captured Sturmtiger in Germany 1945. The sturmtiger fired a 360 mm rocket projectile seen lying on the ground.
-----
Not my people
Not my war

No comments: