Friday, May 18, 2007

-----


Ian Curtis died twenty-seven years ago today, May 18 1980
(and we're still waiting for the movie to come out...)

I remember going to the musical department at my local library one fine day back in 1983 or 84. At that time I was a moody young man in high school dressed mainly in black and with a taste for the alternative. I would sometimes skip classes and go to said library and as usual I started my visit by going through the boxes with newly arrived material. Quickly I came across an LP with a completely black cover! and thought to myself; "hmm, I guess I should give this one a try..." and brought it with me to the counter.

Changed my life, that one

-----
What's up at YouTube: Shadowplay
~~~~~
Retro babe
Panzer Panzer II
The crewman of a Panzer II firing an MP 40. Due to the cramped space inside panzers only one MP40 or a personal sidearm was allowed for the crew's self defence.
(The relaxed attitude of the crewman standing behind the panzer suggests this is not a photo of actual combat but a drill)
-----
Not my people
Not my war