Wednesday, June 13, 2007

-----


The other day I encountered a musician sitting on the street playing an accordion, a plastic cup placed in front of him for the generous contributions of passers-by.
I searched my pockets, but a 25 øre coin was all I had (this is the smallest amount of currency available in Denmark, roughly the equivalent of 0.3 €)
As a life long supporter of the people who have the courage and humility to sit on our streets and offer their artistic talents to the broad but not always appreciating public, I put my 25-øre coin in his cup and walked away.

Behind me I heard the music stop, and then the unmistakable sound of a small piece of metal hitting the hard stony surface of the sidewalks.

Artists...

-----
/////
~~~~~
Retro babe "...no, no - It's not THAT kind of photo shoot Miss Bunsenburner!.."
Panzer Pzkpfw IV, Ausf G
Judging from the camouflage smock wearing grenadier moving behind it, this panzer belonged to a Waffen-SS unit.

-----
Not my people
Not my war

No comments: