Thursday, August 30, 2007

-----


Nusrat Djahan Mosque, Hvidovre.

This was the first Mosque build in Scandinavia (1967), and so far the only Mosque in Denmark made in the traditional Arab style.

I lived a few hundred meters from this mosque when I was a kid, and I remember standing in front of it with my mother on many occasions, it was on the way to a public park we often visited.
We never went inside. We just marveled at the unusual shape of the building and back then it was covered with little stones giving it the most beautiful turquoise colour. As you can tell by the photo it has today a new roof made from copper, a bit dull in my opinion, but there was probably a reason for this.

In my childhood fantasies it was a spacecraft... and even today I find buildings interesting that have unusual shapes and don't seem to be used for anything important.
But as you know, I come from a technocratic welfare state, "important" can only mean: Schools, factories, housing, hospitals, bars and beer halls, prisons.

I always imagine these buildings are spaceports where you can meet and communicate with a higher existence from another world.

But that's just nonsense.
-----
/////
~~~~~
Retro babe"...Stop that, Miss Bushwhacker, we're here to install humidifiers!"

Panzer Sdkfz 251, Ausf A
A strange contraption is fitted to the upper side of this 251. It could be a gas-generator since this was seen installed on driver's school vehicles in the later part of WWII, to save fuel. Still, the uniforms of the troopers suggest the photo was taken in the early part of the war.
Mysterious...
-----
(unfortunately) Also my people
(regrettably) Also my war

No comments: