Monday, August 20, 2007

-----


Went and saw Danish artist Peter Land's show at Gl. Strand

Land works in a very cartoon-like style in his paintings and the topic of this show is "first day of school", depicting dysfunctional nose picking weirdo kids. I especially loved his "little Caesars", remarkably cruel looking boys dressed like Roman emperors - Remember the type?..

-----
/////
~~~~~
Retro babe"...you're my wife, not my secretary - Put something dull on!.."
Panzer Sturmhaubitze "Hummel"
A well camouflaged example of the 150 mm howitzer. Mobile artillery like the Hummel could adapt to the flexible frontlines of mechanized warfare giving them an big advantage over the traditional towed guns which took much more time to move around and set up.
-----
(unfortunately) Also my people
(regrettably) Also my war

No comments: