Thursday, September 27, 2007

-----


Singers day here at DAMIJWH, today with:

Hank Williams, 1923-53

I've never been a big Country and western fan, but recently I picked up some CD's with this founding father of the genre.

Noted both as a major song writer and a prolific singer, a big part of Willam's world rotated around an appetite for the raucous life in honky tonks and on the road, and regrets over these "wicked ways" which brought out a search for redemption and salvation.

Riding a train on some bleak Sunday a few weeks ago, I put on my trusted iPod and Mr. Williams really struck home with this beautiful track from The Nashville Demos : Thy Burdens Are Greater Than Mine

-----
What's up at YouTube: Hank Willams wearing his famous music note suit while performing Hey good looking
~~~~~
Retro babe"...nice couch..."
^^^^^^
Panzer trucks
Some German army trucks painted in the standard dark grey colour of early WWII have received some hasty camouflage to better blend in with the dry and sandy environment found in southern Russia.
-----
(unfortunately) Also my people
(regrettably) Also my war

No comments: