Thursday, October 04, 2007

-----


The Sputnik was launched fifty years ago today.

I remember going to an exhibition of Soviet spaceships back in the seventies when I was a kid, I think it was at the Ice stadium in Hvidovre.

At a point a young couple is standing next to me and my dad, and he remarks to me "look, Lennard - They're communists too..."

just like me and my dad.

And those beautiful spaceships, the triumph of Soviet Russia (one of the few...)


I've still got the catalogue from that exhibition,



Quality time it's called today.

-----
What's up at YouTube: The Spotniks- Rocket Man
~~~~~
Retro babe"...alright - HOLD THAT while I get the marble and my mallet..."
^^^^^^
Panzer Panzer unit
An interesting collection of vehicles, I spot a Borgward BIV demolition vehicle, a Panzer III and a Sdkfz 251/7 pionierwagen (note the wooden bridge elements on the sides of the hull)
-----
(unfortunately) Also my people
(regrettably) Also my war

No comments: