Tuesday, March 11, 2008

-----


One of my most treasured childhood possessions (note the worn state of it...) was the book pictured above, a classic work on American Indians by Edwin Tunis filled with his insightful writings and wonderful pen and ink drawings
-----
/////
~~~~~
Retro babe"...sorry, we can't hire you...company policy says a female executive has to have DD+ sized breasts..."
^^^^^^
Panzer Sturmgeschütz III, Ausf F
Note the mixture of stug crew men wearing field grey panzer uniforms and maintenance personnel wearing denim fatigues.
-----
(unfortunately) Also my people
(regrettably) Also my war

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading my own copy right now, which I got when my local library gave it away. A really wonderful collection of factual info, unblemished with the sort of prejudice you might expect from a book published in 1959. Mine is a first edition but in the shape you would expect to see in a used library book. It has a permanent place now on my bookshelf! On the search for other works by Edwin Tunis. ��