Wednesday, April 23, 2008

-----

Large version here

"Communist bastards!..", he said

a guy my age pushing a pram with his child in it,

"Oh, yeah - It's pretty radical..." I replied, adding that I thought It was somehow connected with the old monastry down in no. 13 which used to be a "squat" back in the eighties (today it's an administrative building)

"nah, I don't think so..." , he continued, "...I used to hang out in that squat...it was used after they (the police) had raided Schiønning & Arvé (a large 1980's squat in an old rubber factory) but the place was abandoned because the junkies in the area started to take over...we're talking 1980- 81' here!.."

He bid me a good day and went on with his business.

Then I remebered, oh yes! He used to work at that Electronica record shop in the city...



Yeah, the radical left... we've stopped listening to that.

-----
/////
~~~~~
Retro babe"...Great presentation, Miss Pinochet, bringing you onto this board of trusties has certainly lightened things up..."
^^^^^^
Panzer Sturmgeschütz III, Ausf G
A wintry scene illustrating the bleak conditions on the eastern front around 1943-44. Note that troops would only ride on the outside of panzers on their way to a battle, not during. Once the battle started, panzers would draw a lot of fire and be the last place you wanted to use for cover.
-----
(unfortunately) Also my people
(regrettably) Also my war

No comments: