Friday, August 15, 2008

-----


Another day in paradise, and the GOOD news is my supervisor informed me that I've managed to hang on to my job at the Copenhagen Mail Center.

Three months ago I was transferred from my old department due to staff cuts (a recurring event in the now market-economy oriented Danish mail services)

At the old place we handled mail manually, but in the new department we use computers which means I can now stay glued to a pre-millennium class computer screen with an average of 1,200 letters pr. hour to be put in the right place, and I need to maintain a 90 % success rate in order to stay employed in this department.

but

I'm working,

AND I'm supporting

THE DANISH WELFARE STATE!

- A sagging educational system,

- Increasingly useless health care,

- Over-expensive public transport,

- Public service TV and Radio completely indistinguishable from commercial TV and radio,

- Dubious military exploits on behalf of the oil- and gas industries.

And all of it financed by the highest tax rate in the world, officially it's 52% of your income but due to our high wages and the taxation of everything except fresh air and dog poo it would be closer to 60 or 70% for most Danes.


But I'm not complaining.

-----
/////
~~~~~
Retro babe"...nice bracelet..."
******
Panzer Panther, Ausf A
A Panther of the SS "Wiking" Division fighting in Poland in the summer of 1944. Note the Sdkfz 251/3 on the left, an armoured radio communications vehicle used by regimental and divisional staffs.
^^^^^^

1 comment:

morten said...

up where we belong like an eagle sore like a mountain high work takes s up where we belong...