Monday, March 03, 2014

-----

Don't ask me, I don't work here...

Yes, readers of this blog will know only too well how much I have...er... criticised having a job over the years, but last Tuesday my boss told me the department where I have worked for more than ten years is to be shut down due to staff cuts, and I'm out of a job as of October 1'st.

Jobless at 48...well, I still have Paris, and the children's smiles.

*****
Panzer: Sturmgeschütz III, Ausf G
The burned out remains of a StuG, rusting away in post war Europe - this is how I feel now!
-----

4 comments:

ste said...

Look on it as an opportunity to steal anything not bolted down/welded shut.Also the last day is a great time to ask the bit of skirt out you've watched from afar. can you load up on loans and make yourself bankrupt ?- Its the 'done thing' over here in the basket case U.K. Seriously though, commiserations Lennard. hopefully just a 'blip'. Ste

lennard grahn said...

Ha! thanks for the support...yes, it's time to bring that X-Large rucksack with me to work, it can easily hold an iMac :-) I'm afraid most of the "skirt" at my job is either half my age or married...but I'll miss the secret "sneak peek" view from my office when someone bended over the photocopier.

ste said...

On a more positive note, have you considered working on the railway ? Its where I work (if you can call it work). Easy money and secure but the shifts do take their toll and the killer is NO DRINKING the previous day. I realize it would not push you artistically but its a very social job.Highly recommended even at our vintage,hell I started there at 41. Ste

lennard grahn said...

Well, thanks for the tip, I'm open to pretty much anything right now :-)