Monday, September 29, 2014

-----


I went to this school for about a month back in the first grade.

Hmm.. must be fourty years ago...

The school is located in the Copenhagen suburb of Hvidovre.

My dad and I had to go and live with my grandparents in Hvidovre, because my mother was committed to a mental institution.

I remember coming home from school one day and my mother was sitting on the couch in our living room saying meaningless things. It later turned out that she had burst a blood vessel in her brain.

Unfortunately, she was believed to be psychotic and was placed in a hospital for the mentally ill where she received electrotherapy.

When she returned from the hospital she was all right, but had to rely on heavy doses of anti-psychotic medicine for the rest of her life to deal with anxiety and depression.

While I was taking this photo two small boys came up to me on scooters, asking me why I took photos. I explained that I liked the buildings. The oldest (around six or seven) said he didn't think that they were nice,  and  I asked him why "I just don't" he answered, in a sullen manner. He clearly didn't like a stranger nosing around his neighbourhood. Doing odd things. Taking photos.

*****
Panzer: Bergepanther, Ausf G
Another rare vehicle photographed immediately after the end of WWII.
There's evidently some damage to the upper areas of the Bergepanther.
Perhaps this was caused by explosives set off by the crew before abandoning the vehicle or maybe the work of strafing allied airplanes.
-----

2 comments:

ste said...

what is it with middle age ? i've wandered around the places of my childhood too ! everything sempt smaller and distant. not sure if a good thing to do or not.

lennard grahn said...

Dunno either. ..probably something about knowing you are going to die some day, or perhaps a longing for those cheerful days when your mum and dad took care of paying bills and going to work :-)