Monday, November 03, 2014

-----

Years ago I was going through a very bad time in my life. I was doing too much of something you could do, didn't eat and sleep properly and spent too much time in front of computers, trying to master a very complicated 3D program. All of this was part of a "business adventure" with a guy who was , well... a complete asshole I suppose.

I ended up with a nervous breakdown, I think...

During that time (before the nervous breakdown) I had a strange vision while sleeping. It was not really a dream, because it happened just before I woke up. That peculiar part of a dream where you are aware that you are dreaming, but not quite out of the dream yet.

A black man appeared in my mind. He had a beard, was dressed in a simple orange robe and behind him was a desert. He spoke to me, in English (all prophets speak perfect English, just like aliens from outer space, and Roman emperors) He was saying that I should not be afraid. His eyes radiated a great kindness, and his voice was soft and very comforting. I immediately understood that everything this man said was true. Without question.

He said that everything was going to be alright. I also understood who he was: he was one of "the original prophets". He represented a group of people who had existed many many centuries before Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha etc. Before various powerful groups started screwing things up. Making things fit their plans.

I came out of the dream state and got out of bed. Some time later, I managed to take action and began to solve some of the problems I was facing.

Who was he? a projection of my subconscious?..  the whacked-out brain fart of a man who was zonked out of him mind on computers, bad living and drugs?..

Or : was it the true vision of a spiritual being... emerging from past times, from another level of reality?..

I am not a believer in the spiritual, or mystical. I believe in science, rational thought, democracy...all of that. Because it brought progress and a better life for most.

But there you have it:  "The Lennard Grahn Religious Experience"...

*****
Panzer: Pzkpfw Tiger II, Ausf B Königstiger
A group of Tiger II's on the move, most likely in the summer of 1944.
-----

No comments: